• A step-by-step approach for gathering evidence.
• Suggestions of what to focus on at carcass site
• A template of terminology to use when classifying a predation.
• A guide for investigating and determining signs of hemorrhage
• Signs of kill and kill sites by species, including deer, elk, and lynx
• And dozens more tips
With a waterproof cover and sturdy pages, the SCIF’s Predation ID Manual is a must have for every serious hunter and field biologist.
SubtitlePredator Kill and Scavenging Characteristics
AuthorKurt Alt, Matthew Eckert
Published5 September 2017
Dimensions5.50 x 8.25in.
About the author
Kurt Alt worked from 1975 until his retirement in 2010 as a wildlife biologist for the Fish, Wildlife, and Parks Department of Montana. He has also collaborated with biologists from all over the world on hunting and conservation schemes. He lives in Bozeman, Montana. Matthew Eckert is the director of conservation for the Safari Club International Foundation. He lives in Washington, DC.